Friday, August 21, 2009

Week in review

This week has definately been interesting. Unfortunately it rained last Sunday night so there was no volleyball to be played. But when I talked to one of the guys this week he said Friday night, so hopefully tonight I will be able to play with the neighbors again.
Less than 2 weeks ago we got a new puppy for the kids, I think it's a black lab mix. Anyways we named him Titan. 2 days ago I was working on the computer and Heidi sent Hudson away and called for me. Heidi had been cooking dinner and fed Titan, when she turned around he was lying motionless under the table. He had choked on his puppy food and not been able to make a sound. I pounded on his chest a little, but it was too late. Hudson took this pretty hard, I don't think Brooklyn understands what happened. Last February we lost another puppy that someone in our neighborhood gave antifreeze to. Please keep our kids in your prayers and they deal with this and continue to adjust to life in Mexico.
Also, I've been on the phone quite a bit this week with my family. My dad has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. He's had a low red cell blood count. They have given him 3 units of blood and today are supposed to do the second scope to see where he's bleeding. If they can't find it today they will give him a pill to swallow that has a little camera on it. Since recieving the blood he's doing better, he was getting pretty week. Please pray for his medical issues to be taken care of and for him to regain his strength.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your families new pet. I'm also saddened to hear about your dad. I pray they find the problem and the solution soon.
    God never promised us we wouldn't have problems but did promise He would see us through them.
    Trying to make a difference!
    God bless,Roy

    ReplyDelete