Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hudson, Football, and my Dad.

Yesterday we had another good youth day. The grade school kids came over to our house at 9 am for pancakes, a lesson, and Wii. Then the teenagers came over at 10 am for a lesson, video games, internet, and then the beach. While eating lunch yesterday with the teens Hudson's tooth finally came out. He had been messing with it all week, and on Thursday I tried to pull it out. This didn't help. For the last two days it was hurting so bad he didn't want to eat. So now as he heads off to his first day of first grade tomorrow he will be missing a top front tooth. He is excited and nervous at the same time for school tomorrow as he doesn't know anyone there and half of the day will be spoken in English and the other half in Spanish. The teachers are bilingual and know that he doesn't speak Spanish yet. But with this immersion he will pick it up very fast, but at the same time he will be very frustrated at first I'm sure.

Today Hudson's neighborhood friends came over, like they do most days to play video games during the heat of the day. One of the boys, Juan, usually stays for dinner too. Tonight he said he wanted to say prayer! Afterwards we played soccer outside, they asked tomorrow if we could play American football. Now that's what I'm talking about!

I talked with my mom yesterday and today about my dad. He is still in the hospital and still losing blood. They are not sure where he is bleeding and gave him two more units yesterday. He now has had a total of 5 units this week. He's had several procedures this week to figure out where the blood is coming from and a hand surgery to remove an infection. I didn't find out till yesterday, but Friday night he was having trouble after the surgery. His breathing wasn't good, his heart rate wasn't good, and he wasn't responding very good. It's hard being 32 hours away from my family as this is going on. My sister was able to drive down to Joplin from Jeff City Saturday morning, but Friday night when things were looking bad, my mom was there alone. Please pray for my dads healing and for comfort for my family.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your dad isn't doing well. I am sending out a prayer request to the members of Ashland Christian Church and a group of prayer warriors(A Special People).
    Tell your son we're rooting for him tomorrow.
    God bless,Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get link I sent you about Skylar Peters?
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120049319272&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete