Friday, September 4, 2009

Mexican Life

Hudson has now been in school for 2 weeks. I think he's adjusting OK, he still struggles with the language barrier. When the teacher is teaching in Spanish he has no idea what is going on. Also the other kids don't speak as much English as we thought they would, so he has only made friends with one boy. At recess he still plays by himself a lot, this is hard for him because he loves being around people. Please pray that he will pick up Spanish quickly and make friends at his new school.
My dad has been home from the hospital for about a week now. Thank you for all the prayers. The internal bleeding has stopped, but they were never able to locate where the problem was. He is still very weak. Please pray for his recovery.
Brooklyn has not had any problems adjusting to life here in Mexico. We were worried about her asthma and allergies, but they have not been a problem at all. She is talking more in English and Spanish. She says, "Hola", to everyone we pass on the sidewalk. Brooklyn also gets excited and starts to dance when she knows that we are going outside to play.
Heidi and I continue to study Spanish and work with the youth here. Tomorrow is a girl in the church's Quince Anos and Heidi and I are the Padrinos. Then on Sunday I am preaching with a translator. I will write more about what a Quince Anos is and what our role as Padrinos means later.

2 comments:

  1. So then you are the godparents of the girl who is turning 15?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sent some children's books to your family via a couple in Tucson. I hope that Hudson can enjoy them and that they will help him with his Spanish. If you have the chance let me know if/when they arrive. Thanks! (I'm from Ashland Christian Church where Drew preaches.)

    ReplyDelete